Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Lemon Coffee Cake
1 1/4 c sugar, divided
3/4 c vegetable or olive oil
2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1 can lemon pie filling/pudding. (Pudding in the box is not good in this recipe.)
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1. Mix sugar and oil well. Add eggs and beat until light.
2. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
3. Spread half the batter in the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 baking dish. (A 13 x 9 dish makes the cake too crunchy.)
4. Spread lemon pie filling over the batter. Top with remaining batter.
5. Mix cinnamon and remaining suger together. Sprinkle over the top.
6. Bake 350 for 30 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean.